Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: restricting telnet via username

From: "Gabriel Orozco" <gabriel_orozco () mx sumida com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:52:59 -0600

Hello Varma

proftp, as well as wu-ftpd (do not use wu-ftpd !) and I am not certain of
vsftpd and pureftpd can restrict ftp access to users that do not have a
valid shell account. you also have the file /etc/ftpusers, where you can add
a username and then such username will not be able to enter via ftp.

hope this helps.
Gabriel