Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: OT: LInksys router BEFSR41 dead... anything i can do?

From: Danny Messano <danny () logicalcomputing net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:40:34 -0400

Try this:

set your computer to 192.168.1.2
place the new firmware file at c:\your_new_bin_file.bin

open a command prompt

type :
arp -a 192.168.1.1
(this will give you your befrs41 machine code)

type :
arp -s 192.168.1.1 your_machine_code

type :
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT c:\your_firmware.bin 192.168.1.1
(in the next 3sec your bin file is written to the box)
unplug the power for a few sec and plug back in

I got that from a forum.  I have done that procedure before and it revived a dead linky when nothing else would.

Danny Messano

--

Best regards,

Danny Messano