Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: LInksys router BEFSR41 dead... anything i can do?

From: "Jimmy Sansi" <jsansi () ritzfoodservice com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:19:00 -0700

I had this issue before, I had changed the default IP network configuration
in the router and when I flashed it it didn't save any of the settings,
resulting in the same situation your describing. After changing the IP
configuration on my workstation to match the default of the router (which is
outlined in the documentation) I was able to pull up the web interface.

If you really did zap the EPROM in the router and your lucky they have the
chip inserted into a socket (although I seriously doubt it), most likely you
would need to unsolder the old one to change it out.

-Jimmy