Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ASP security in HTML pages

From: "Scovetta, Michael V" <Michael.Scovetta () ca com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:20:43 -0400

Benoni,
   Actually, neither of those are correct:
1. ASP code <% stuff in here %> is NOT transmitted to the client. If it is, then perhaps you're saving it as an .HTML
file. You should save it as a .ASP file instead.

2. DLLs called from ASP are NOT accessible in general, unless you mis-configure your server. DLLs on the server should
not be stored in the same directory as your files, obviously.

3. The point of using ASP/JSP/Perl/CGI/etc (any of the server-side scripting
Languages) is to run code that the user on the other end does not see. That's why people use them. If it doesn't appear
to be working, you probably have it mis-configured.

Mike

Michael Scovetta
Computer Associates
Senior Application Developer