Security Basics mailing list archives

ASP security in HTML pages

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:42:02 +0100

Hi list,

I have been googling around to know how secure can be ASP code, and I found what follows:
- For a newbee, impossible to get the asp scripts inserted in an HTML page as they are not displayed in the client's
browser,
- Instead of just letting the ASP code in the HTML pages, we can create some DLLs for example, but a not-to-bad skilled
hacker can get and reverse them.

So, my question to you, skilled-people :) is: is there a way to get the asp scripts in a page the server does not send
when a client's request arrives? There should be a way to ^perform that, but how tough is it?

Thanks in advance, folks!

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html