Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Minimum password requirements

From: "Steve" <securityfocus () delahunty com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:31:53 -0400

We can discuss/argue all day long, but if you don't age passwords then you
will fail almost any IT portion of an audit from an independent auditing
organization.

Real world example, a few departed employees had not been disabled in our
domain, their accounts were automatically disabled.  The auditors had no
issues with that.