Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Firewall Basics

From: "J.Ayoola" <J.Ayoola () westminster ac uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:15:41 +0100

I think it is prudent to have firewalls from 2 different vendors.  In my
opinion having different vendor's makes it harder for your network to be
penetrated because the attacker has to find out about the holes in two
vendor firewalls to successfully exploit your network.

If you have just one vendor, vulnerabilities in the first firewall will also
be present in the second and once you successfully penetrate the first, the
same holes can be exploited on the second.

Judie