Security Basics mailing list archives

SV: Firewall Basics

From: "Kim Guldberg" <kim () bufferzone dk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:09:55 +0200

Generally it's a great idea to have different vendor, or rather different OS
based firewalls since having two PIX firewalls would leave you vulnerable to
the same exploits if a hole in PIX was found.

The problem is knowledge. If you are used to work with PIX maybe it's better
to stay with PIX rather then take in a new product/vendor that you don't
know.

One solution could be to use Firewall Builder to build your rule set.
FWBilder can create firewall rule set's for different firewalls (NetFilter,
PIX and FW 1 if I remember correctly)

Best regards

Kim Guldberg