Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Firewall Basics

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:36 -0700

  On the one hand, you can further harden your security by adding
a firewall of a different type/vendor between your trusted network
and the outside world.  This complicates your security administration,
however, so the benefits need to be weighed carefully.
  On the other hand, if a PIX is sufficient for your current security
and performance needs, you might consider adding a "DMZ" (service
network) interface to your existing PIX, instead of paying for a
whole additional box.

David Gillett