Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: firewall setup

From: Nelson Santos <nsantos () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:31:59 -0300

Hi Ognen,

you sure can. If you're using a Linux firewall I suggest leaving the
DNS as it is and put all the IP addresses in the Linux box. Then use
IPTables NAT functions to link the real IPs to the real servers. You
will have some complications if you're using virtual hosts, but
nothing you can't solve.
   If you want a quick-n-dirty solution try gShield. Just follow the
installation instructions and then configure the "/conf/forwards"
file. Use the software docs for more specific instructions.
   You can do the same with Windows/ISA Server. ISA can even do a high
level heather based redirection (like www.x.com and www.y.com have the
same IP but go to different machines). This is something I don't think
IPTables can do.

Hope that gives you some directions,

Nelson Santos

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:33:16 +0000 (UTC), Ognen Duzlevski