Security Basics mailing list archives

LOGON_USER through https tunnel

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:15:10 +0100

Hi!

I am trying to get the NT Login (through the ASP's server variable LOGON_USER) on an IIS 6.0.

I can get it when connected locally to the server without any trouble, but when trying to connect to this server
through the network, no way to get it! I disabled my https, and tried with just http...but no way neither...

So, anyone knows how to get the NT Login using ASP/JScript under IIS 6.0? I am using Win 2003, and my users Win XP Pro.

Thanks by advance, list !

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html