Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: LOGON_USER through https tunnel

From: "Kenton Smith" <ksmith () chartwelltechnology com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:06:07 -0600

Have you disabled anonymous access? HTTPS has no bearing on authentication;
it's what users have access to the site that is the important thing.
Go to IIS Manager, right click on the site and go to Directory Security.
Click the Edit button in Authentication and access control, uncheck Enable
Anonymous Access. If you've done that, then it could be the method of
authentication you've chosen. That will depend on whether you're
authenticating to a domain or not. There could be many more reasons, are you
seeing anything in the IIS logs?

Kenton