Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: post trimming on Security-Basics - ooo

From: Alvin Oga <alvin.sec () Virtual Linux-Consulting com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:40:45 -0800 (PST)

hi ya kelly

I always enjoy moderating this list and don't generally post much myself
(except new article announcements for SecurityFocus), however I'm

nice to meet you

As a side note, I have changed my policy slightly about the OOO
(out-of-office responses) that continually plague the list. When I receive
an OOO, I now immediately remove the subscriber from the listserv without
warning. I used to email each offender as I remove them but this simply

yes !!!!! congratulations ... i'm behind you all the way ..

i keep wondering... why do people use their "primary work email"
addy for their leasure time reading and catchup of mailing lists ...
unless of course, their primary job is to read mailing lists :-0

takes too much time, and it's a never-ending battle. This housekeeping

one can argue to write a procmail filter or "semi-spam" filter..
but that point is it takes time and no one has offered one that
works in any lists that i know of ...  ( that i'm in )

thanx
alvin

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!