Security Basics mailing list archives

Securing Windows Server 2003 [was: Necessary ports and not necessary ports]

From: Joey Peloquin <jpelo1 () jcpenney com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:34:37 -0600

I was going to rant about unknowledgeable people building servers with
publicly available services, posters not checking google *AT THE VERY LEAST*
before asking questions, etc.

But I've come to the realization that it is *never* going to change, so all
we can do is grin and bear it, and provide the fricking information in an
attempt to slow down the propagation of malware and compromised zombies ...

Google is your friend;
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=sec
uring+windows+server+2003+guide&btnG=Google+Search

And if you're installing IIS6, read;
http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/Joey_Peloquin_GSEC.pdf

Joey Peloquin

material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!