Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: firewalls that can ssl ftp?

From: Erin Hickey <ehickey () consultant com>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 18:38:46 -0000

DonÂ’t know of any traditional firewalls that do FTP over SSL effectively, but you might check out NetContinuum
(www.netcontinuum.com). They do an application firewall that supports other DMZ protocols like FTP. One of our
divisions uses them for all of our B2B web apps and has been very happy so far. Apparently you can just click “SSL on”,
point to your existing FTP servers and be done with it. DonÂ’t know the cost, but our IT guys are pretty cheap, so IÂ’m
sure itÂ’s reasonable.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!