Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Keen to test out root kits

From: "Wolfgang Schramm" <w.schramm () aon at>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:38:27 +0100

Hi,

I would say: Depends on the RootKit. Just look what it says in the
description - then you'll find out what it does.

Another question: Why would you do such a thing? Just to see how it works?
Some easier Method: Try it on a virtual machine like vmware (I think there
is a trial version) or VirtualPC ..

Regards
Wolfgang