Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Catching Firewall?

From: "crtech" <crtech () hot rr com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:41:43 -0600

Here we use a product called Scan Mail from Trend Micro.  It has features
that allow it to scan ZIP files.  Currently we have it set to scan down
three levels.  So it will scan a zipped file that has been zipped and that
file has been zipped.  Works great.  We have been lucky enough not to have
gotten any emailed viruses since we did this.

Lynn

How do you (and others) handle ZIP attachments? Allow them thru cause
users
need to get big files from one place to another? Or block them cause they
can contain viruses?

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php