Security Basics mailing list archives

Update: SMB enumation in Win2000/03

From: "Stephen C. Gay" <sgay () ellijay com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:04:45 -0500

Quick update on my user enumeration delima,

On a pure Windows 2000 domain I was able to set the Restrict Anonymous Reg
key to the dreaded "2" and stop the user list enumeration. Enum, net use,
and hunt all three fail on anonymous bind.

This is not the case in the Win Server 2003 environment. I can still get the
users. I am beginning to think this may be based on a trust relationship
between the Win Svr 2003 domain and a kerberos realm.

Stephen

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php