Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Update: SMB enumation in Win2000/03

From: Joey Peloquin <jpelo1 () jcpenney com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:13:40 -0600

Stephen,

Apparently, Hacking Exposed: Windows Server 2003 is out.  It deals with your
problem (and, soon to be mine) in Chapter 4:Enumeration [1].  Unfortunately,
though, Table 4-5, which apparently lists the settings we'll want to use, is
not available from the link below, and I have not purchased a copy of the
book - yet.

The information specific to your issue can be found by searching the string
'Configuring "Network Access" in Security Policy'.

Alternatively, if you haven't already, you could read through the Windows
Server 2003 Security guide [2].  Chapter 4 deals with hardening domain
controllers.

I'd look through it, but it's snowing in North Texas for once, and my son
has a snowball fight coming ...

Best of luck.

Joey Peloquin

[1]
http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:DwR16jOiPdYJ:www.osborne.com/products/0
072230614/0072230614_ch04.pdf+%22windows+server+2003%22+smb+enumeration+enum
&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
[2]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
prodtech/win2003/w2003hg/sgch00.asp