Security Basics mailing list archives

Web Server in DMZ needing access to files on the inside

From: Ron Rollo <rjrollo () auditor state oh us>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 17:45:59 -0000

We are evaluating how to provide Internet users secure access to files stored on the inside of our PIX firewall via our
IIS 6.0 server in a DMZ.

We are trying to avoid making our Internet server a member of our AD domain in case someone did hack our web server.

What is best practice? What is everyone doing in this scenario? This is new to us, but I am sure that many
organizations have gone through this.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php