Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: help interpreting the nmap output

From: Corey LeBleu <coreylebleu () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:51:50 -0600

The question mark means that nmap isn't sure if it really is that
service running on that port ...............so it usually indicates
the default service running on that port.  I recommend the tool amap
www.thc.org to identify if it is the correct service.  Unfortunately
amap only runs on Unix-based operating systems.  I just found out
about the tool and really like it so far.  Or, like previously stated,
you could use telnet or netcat to try to communicate with it manually.
 Hope this helps.

Corey

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:39:40 +0100, miguel.dilaj () pharma novartis com