Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Export list of usernames WinNT and Win2K servers

From: "Nick Hasselbeck" <nickh () etech-group com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:38:38 -0500

... And if you're in an AD environment, you can use WMI to retrieve a
list of usernames, by querying LDAP.  Below is a short vb script I use
to pull workstation names from an OU.  All you should have to do is
change the LDAP path to point it to the OU with your usernames.

---------
On Error resume next
Dim fso, f1, tf
Const FilePath = "c:\scripts\OU\working\computers.txt"
Const LdapPath =
"LDAP://ou=SBSComputers,ou=Computers,ou=MyBusiness,dc=ad, dc=local"
' Note that the above dc reference should point to your domain name, and
'second to the domain suffix (e.g. .local, .com, etc)

Set f1 = fso.CreateTextFile(FilePath, True)
Set colItems = GetObject (LdapPath)

colItems.Filter = Array("Computer")

For each objItem in colItems
        Wscript.Echo Mid(ObjItem.Name, 4)