Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows private folder option decryption

From: "Hamish Stanaway" <koremeltdown () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:51:47 +0000

Hi there Jon,

It might be a long shot but have you copied the folders onto a disc / cd and tried to paste them onto a drive with an active XP OS? Your other option would be to turn the HDD switches at the back of your problematic HDD to slave mode, and put them on the back of a working WINXP HDD which would make the drive accessable as the primary slave drive (should all go well). You would then be able to use the WINXP encrpytion system to decrypt the folders. I have used this for similar things in the past, and I guess it is a long shot but worth a go and wouldn't hurt to try.
Let me know how you get on!

Kindest of regards,

Hamish Stanaway, CEO

Absolute Web Hosting / -= KoRe WoRkS =- Internet Security
Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.webhosting.net.nz/
http://www.buywebhosting.co.nz/
http://www.koreworks.com/