Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Logging utility

From: Tat-Wee KAN <kan () hardware-one com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:22:24 +0800

Hi,

Assuming you are using syslog, you can use products like ArcSight (http://www.arcsight.com/) to do the data consolidation and correlation.

William Barrett wrote:

My boss sent me the following question today.  It seems like I have
heard about something like this, but I'm drawing a blank.  Has anyone
here heard of something like this? And if so can you point me in the
right direction?

Is anyone aware of a product that will aggregate logs from Windows
2000/2003, Cisco routers, PIX firewalls, etc. into one central
location for review?

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html