Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Logging utility

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 5 Aug 2004 17:35:30 -0000

My boss sent me the following question today.  It seems like I have
heard about something like this, but I'm drawing a blank.  Has anyone
here heard of something like this? And if so can you point me in the
right direction?

Is anyone aware of a product that will aggregate logs from Windows
2000/2003, Cisco routers, PIX firewalls, etc. into one central
location for review?

If you want to go freeware, load NTSyslog on your Windows systems, and point all of the syslog to a system running the
Kiwi syslog server (http://www.kiwisyslog.com/).

If you don't mind paying and want some more funcationality, RippleTech's LogCaster product
(http://www.rippletech.com/products/LogCaster/Prod_LC_Overview.htm) collects Event Log as well as syslog.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html