Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Logging utility

From: "steve" <securityfocus () delahunty com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:59:51 -0400

The important point below being related to once you have all your logs sent
to a central place, then what?   It is hard to wade through all the stuff
that is not really important on the border devices especially and figure out
what is a big problem or not.  For that type work I recommend a managed
security services provider.  For the internal server type log monitoring we
all likely have the skills to figure out what is really important or not.