Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Access to Non-domain computers

From: Alexandre Verriere <maxwell () nskb net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:31:51 +0200

Brian Gehrke a écrit :

I am running a W2K domain, using DHCP. Is it possible to block non-domain computers from getting an IP address from the DHCP server, so they will not be able to access the Internet through the network.

Brian

You can do static ip adressing via your dhcp but mac spoofing is not so hard, il you're in need to restrict acces to your proxy you may might want to do some authentification at the proxy gate (ntlm for ex).

Hope this helps...

--

                               ''~``
                              ( o o )

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html