Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: College/University security programs

From: Prasad Athawale <athawale () cse buffalo edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:40:37 -0400

Hi!

The National Security Agency has designated the following schools as the Centers of Excellence in the field of computer security & information assurance:

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academia/caeiae.cfm?MenuID=10.1.1.2

All these schools have various programs with specific research interests based on projects currently handled, and at the same time - the critical amount of regular coursework to be certified as one of the centers of excellence.

There's specific criteria listed out as well, which one can read if need be. Also - I think that it's only a graduate course where you'd be able to really gain from coursework, though depending on the school's flexibility offered it might be possible to cover graduate courses in an undergraduate program.

And as it most likely is evident, yep am a graduate student!

Hope this helps,
Prasad.

Jared Mittleman wrote:

I have a neighborhood high school junior who's really interested in getting
into security and especially cryptography. While I could comment on schools
with good Computer Science departments, I didn't know too many schools with
good security/crypto programs and was hoping some people out there might be
able to help me point him in some good directions. Thanks in advance.

--Jared

human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." - Mitch
Radcliffe

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html