Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: penetration tester advice

From: Valter Santos <vsantola () devfusion net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:16:35 +0100

Hello,

a good start point is the Open Source Security Testing Methodology
(OSSTM) available at http://www.osstm.org. OSSTM is supported by the
Institute for Security and Open Methodologies, http://www.isecom.org.

They have released OSSTM Manual 2.1 some days ago, get a look at it ;)

cheers,
/valter

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 20:12, Mehmet Buyukozer wrote:
Hi All; i dont know if i am sending this mail to wrong list but my problem
is; i need some advice for penetration test. some of our clients wanted us
to make them penetration test. I am already familiar with nessus, but they
wanted to be test with different applications for scanning. Can u give me
the names which are ur favourite. Thanx in advance

--

Valter Santos