Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Server 2003

From: "Davitt J. Potter" <djpotter () rushmore com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:26:43 -0600

I would agree wholeheartedly.  In a large environment with multiple servers
and administrators, you'll begin to see patterns and trends if you have
reboots without your knowledge.  If you can take out your "planned" downtime
events, your real uptime numbers will begin to show.

When you're talking 50+ (or more!) servers, this type of information is
invaluable.  Maybe a small network doesn't need that kind of detail, but
you're absolutely right in an enterprise environment.

Have a great Friday,

Davitt