Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: firewall on the same segment

From: Sebastian Schneider <ses () straightliners de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:03:42 +0200

As far as I know that would just work out if your switch if configured in some
"VLAN" way. I might be wrong.

Usually setting up a firewall within the same segment has no real effect,
since no traffic will traverse it in a switched environment as long as the
switch is not configured that way....but that sound very strange, however.

Sebastian