Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: book recommendations

From: Vincent <pros-n-cons () bak rr com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:07:25 -0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:21:37 -0400
Kent Stairley <kstairley () copper net> wrote:

Everyone has mentioned books I liked already except for Snort 2.0 Intrusion Detection. Even if you don't use Snort
you'll get a good grasp of the big picture.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931836744/102-6291594-7448161?v=glance
Hi All,

I'd like your recommendations on computer & network security books ranging
from books for the beginner in security
to the expert pro. I'd also like to know if any has read "Fundamentals of
Computer Security" by
Pieprzyk, Hardjono, and Seberry and if so what is your opinion?

I'm also looking for info on hacking, cracking, & the security of card
readers, tablet pc's, pda's, & windows ce.
Any add'l info, books, papers, etc. recommendations would be a great help.

TIA,
Kent