Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: book recommendations

From: LordInfidel <LordInfidel () Directionweb com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:06:16 -0400

The bibles of security are the Hacking Exposed series books.
The main ones you want are the main one (4th edition)
Then the OS oriented: Linux, Windows 2000.
Then get the Web Applications and finally hack Notes.

O'reilly books
Building Internet Firewalls is a plus
Linux Server Hacks
Practical Unix & Internet Security
Computer Security Basics

and of course as j.bilder recommended; stealing the network. How to own the
box
(Big fan of chapter 4, if only those chicks existed)

It's not a how-to on hacking.  It is a fictional work on hacking.  Several
short stories written by respected security guru's.  While each story
is "fictional" they do use real world tools and exploits.

LordInfidel