Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Desktop Support Access

From: "Ivan Coric" <ivan.coric () workcoverqld com au>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:58:51 +1000

Dear David,

TACACS+ and Cisco Access Servers.

Kind Regards
Ivan

Ivan Coric
IT Technical Security Officer
Information Technology
WorkCover Queensland
Ph: (07) 30066414 Fax: (07) 30066424
Email: ivan.coric () workcoverqld com au

"David Nichols" <dnichols () amci com> 10/18/03 03:44am >>>
Hey Thomas (& the rest of the list)-

Correct me if I'm wrong, (please!, I've gone through a CCNA course but
haven't taken the test yet!) but I think the IOS only has two levels of
access, one to basically monitor and the other to admin the router.  If this
is the case, I think you're out of luck.  Does any one know of any software
(simulator-like) that will only allow certain commands to be passed on to
the router?  If not, I'M CALLING THE PATENT OFFICE RIGHT NOW!! (just
kidding)  ; )

David Nichols
A+, Network+

----- Original Message (edited) -----