Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Desktop Support Access

From: "David Nichols" <dnichols () amci com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:44:11 -0400

Hey Thomas (& the rest of the list)-

Correct me if I'm wrong, (please!, I've gone through a CCNA course but
haven't taken the test yet!) but I think the IOS only has two levels of
access, one to basically monitor and the other to admin the router.  If this
is the case, I think you're out of luck.  Does any one know of any software
(simulator-like) that will only allow certain commands to be passed on to
the router?  If not, I'M CALLING THE PATENT OFFICE RIGHT NOW!! (just
kidding)  ; )

David Nichols
A+, Network+

----- Original Message (edited) -----