Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Can anyone recommend a good FTP over SSL/TLS Server on Solaris

From: "Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <peter+bugtraq () runestig com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:47:10 +0200

On 2003-10-16 20:21, Raymer, Dan wrote:
Another client, another requirement.  We have a client that wants to
establish a FTPS arrangement with us.  We have told them many times that
sftp would be a better method, but they are stuck on the whole SSL/TLS
thing.  With that in mind, I was wondering what the community thought about
the various FTP/SSL servers out there that will run on Solaris?

Here is another one, using the same SSL/TLS code (mine) as ProFTPD and
glftpd-TLS (not crediting me for it). I don't know if it compiles clean
on Solaris/64 though, but I'm willing to help out if you have any problems:

http://www.runestig.com/osp.html#FTPD-TLS

Cheers,
- Peter
--
Peter 'Luna' Runestig (fd. Altberg), Sweden <peter () runestig com>
PGP Key ID: 0xD07BBE13

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015