Security Basics mailing list archives

Cisco Sub-interfaces.

From: Dave <david.morris () curvalue nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:48:24 +0200

Hi,
        We are being offered a solution which involves VPN private data and internet
connection over the same physical WAN interface. This interface is on a Cisco
7200 and would be split into 2 logical sub-interfaces. One for private data,
one for internet data. After that it is kept seperate on 2 internal LANs so
is not a concern.

The question is, are there any issues with using subinterfaces for this? Can
data pass between them? Or are they equivalent in security to physical
interfaces?

I can find no information on this easily. Has anyone any links, or any
ideas regarding this?

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,
                Dave