Security Basics mailing list archives

Securing iPAQ h3950 using Windows Mobile 2003

From: "Roy sgan-cohen" <Roys () xor-t com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:52:13 +0200

Hi,
I have some questions about security in the new Mobile 2003 that is installed on an iPAQ, I would appreciate your
answers.
The questions are:
1. Is there a way to limit the sync only to a specific computer and to disable the sync to any other computer ? Is
there a utility that does that simply (aside HP's Security Enhancements) ? Is it possible to write this check alone for
the iPAQ (based on certificates for example) ?
2. Is it possible to enforce all the PDAs to a certain security policy ?
3. Is it possible to disable the IR for instance, or the use of an application or bluetooth etc. ? (If it involves
changing registry keys, please tell me which keys should I change)
4. Is it possible to use encrypting methods based on PKI for iPAQ running Mobile 2003 ? (sending encrypted mail,
encrypting the file-system, etc.) all based on the existing PKI infrustructure in the organization and using (if
possible) the smart cards already available for the users.

Thanks.
Roy