Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows 2000 Port Sentry?

From: "Stephen McCauley" <smccauley () cox net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:19:28 -0800

I've been experiencing a lot of port scanning lately on an outward
facing W2K Adv. Serv. I'm runnig ISA which detects the activity, but I'm
looking for a tool that will drop the connections, and keep a hosts.deny
type list, when it detects this activity. I'm familiar with Abacus's
portsentry for Linux/Unix platforms, is there something similar for W2K
Adv Server?

Stephen

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027