Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: easiest way to keep a Redhat 9 box

From: Cole Tuininga <colet () code-energy com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:43:57 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:31, caldcv () students fccj org wrote:
Hi,

  I just installed Redhat 9, and I'm some-what used to using Debian
and its wonderful apt-get command, however I noticed Redhat lacked
such a capability. However, they had the RHN (Redhat Network) option
which costs money.

 Is there a third-party piece of software that auto-updates a Redhat
box?

Check out apt for rpm.  http://apt.freshrpms.net/

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
 lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet () code-energy com
PGP Key ID: 0x43E5755D

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027