Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: easiest way to keep a Redhat 9 box

From: Eric Scuccimarra <eric () quovad com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:48:38 -0500

The RHN costs money but you can use it in demo mode. They send you a questionnaire every 60 days and if there is high traffic they will bump you off in favor of paying customers but that works fine for us. I use it for all of my 10 or so RedHat servers and don't pay for it.

RedHat is discontinuing support for all OS's other than Enterprise as of April 30, 2004 which is going to suck big time. As of then we'll probably be switching to another flavor of Unix.

Any recommendations?