Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: email gateway (transparent) - full transparent

From: Olaf Kilian <olafk () lddd org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:16:31 +0100

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:45:36 +0100
Bartek Krajnik <bartek () indigo pl> wrote:

On 13-11-2003 at 08:32:46PM +0100, arek () chelmnet pl wrote:
My problem is with my local users (about 3k LAN users in about 500
buildings), they send spam (viruses, worms etc) not using my MTA.
I'm looking for transparent method (like redirect for
transparent-proxy w3cache, squid) to force traffic on port 25 to go
via my MTA.

Try commercial products like:
http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?Produc
tID=164&EID=0

Well, have a look at Symantec Gateway Security (SGS) and Symantec
Carrier Scan (actualy coming with SGS and SGS2). Maybe you also want to
have a look at a Managed Security Service solution like this one:

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/SecurityServices/content.cfm?ArticleID=682&EID=0

I just saw one of their SOCs (Security Operation Centers) - they are
performing most awful. Real-time Information Protection at it's best.