Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Linux for newbies -- OFF TOPIC

From: "Matt Atkins" <matthewsatkins () msn com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:33:55 -0700

For now, I have chosen Mandrake to start. I joined a Linux User Group in my area on the advice of a few of you, and plan on attending my first meeting tonight. I am going to get it installed, get all of the hardware installed, and see what kind of trouble I can get into. I want to get all of the security tools installed and get comfortable with them, namely nmap and nessus. After I get comfortable with Mandrake, I'm going to jump to Gentoo as soon as possible so I can "get under the hood" so to speak, and REALLY get the hang of Linux.