Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux for newbies -- OFF TOPIC

From: "Matt Atkins" <matthewsatkins () msn com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:53:15 -0700

I apologize for creating some "off topic" traffic, but I assure you that when I asked the initial question, I had nothing but security-basics in mind. As you all know, most, if not ALL, of the GOOD security tools out there today are made for or work best on a Linux platform. After being a member of this great list for a few weeks, and researching all of the security tools that were mentioned, I found that I better start diving into Linux before I get left in the dust. I am new to the network security field, and I value the opinions and suggestions offered by the members of this phenomenal community of professionals. So once again, I apologize that some of the responses were "off topic" as you say, but ALL of the responses were a tremendous help in getting my journey started in the network security field, and for that, I am forever grateful to everyone who replied.

Thanks for the many great replies, and I look forward to many more in the future.

Matt Atkins