Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Basically Lazy - Email Header Analysis

From: "David Vertie" <verticalrave () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:12:24 +0000

You can very easily write a dirty n quick parser to clip stuff from headers in Perl or PHP. It is not very hard to do, and will take someone experienced with data extrapolation only a good weekend or so.

But otherwise, I haven't seen very many e-mail header analysis tools in the wild. (Or it might be that i'm not looking hard enough.) There probably are a couple of people who have coded some header analysis tools out there, because for many simple applications, come alot of applications..

David