Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Terminal - Firewall

From: "dave" <dave () netmedic net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 01:08:44 -0400

John,

Does the Terminal server need to be contacted from the outside?

Does it need to communicate with the "Institutional" servers? Are they
outside the Firewall? Your diagram does not show your firewall.

Where is your oracle server?  Is it the only server the Terminal server has
to communicate with?

Are you aware of the traffic load between the "Thin clients" and the
"Terminal server"?  Normally the traffic between the thin client and server
is minimal.  The traffic between the Terminal server and APP, File and other
servers is very heavy.

Dave Kleiman
dave () netmedic net
www.netmedic.net