Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: block internet at two workstations

From: "Peter McLernon" <pcm () mclernon com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:59:27 -0400

If the computers are Windows 2000, and the users are using IE I believe you
can set the local security policy to not allow internet access. You can do
this by going to the security policy, and change the settings for Internet
Explorer, telling it to access the web via a proxy server that doesn't
exist.

I have done it in my office via domain policy, on the local machine, but I
believe that you can still do it if the Box is part of a workgroup.

Peter McLernon