Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Device Security

From: "Royans Tharakan" <RTharakan () ingenuity com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:28:06 -0800

What do you mean by Physical layer ?

AFAIK, when you talk about wireless, you don't have any security
at the physical layer without having a wired gate and manned
security outside your building patroling the streets
to make sure no one is driving by with a laptop and a wireless card :)

Thats exactly why wireless is less secure than all other means of communication.

If you are really paranoid about wireless security, look for LEAP/PEAP
authentication on google.

rkt