Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard Drive Encrypting

From: Birl <sbirl () temple edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

mart50:  Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:00:54 +0000
mart50:  From: Martin Smith <mart50 () hotmail com>
mart50:  To: security-basics () securityfocus com
mart50:  Subject: Hard Drive Encrypting
mart50:
mart50:
mart50:
mart50:        Good Day,
mart50:
mart50:              I have a need to encrypt the hard drive for our laptops running
mart50:  XP and 2000 pro. If it can, it needs to be as invisible to the users as
mart50:  possible. Plus, it has to be linked to the user?s login and password or the
mart50:  users? cac.
mart50:
mart50:         What tools are out there?
mart50:
mart50:
mart50:  Thanks for your help.

Press F1 on the 2000/XP desktop and research EFS.  Make sure your drives
are NTFS.

 Scott Birl
 Senior Systems Administrator            Computer Services   Temple University

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm