Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: scrambling perl source code

From: "Dana Epp" <dana () vulscan com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:09:42 -0700

Hey Tim,

Even compiling it isn't enough. Its just as easy to use a decompiler and
then process it through some of perl's own back end translator routines
( -M0=Deparse etc) which can even de-obfuscate the code to some degree.
Although its better than doing "nothing", its not a far leap to get to the
sources from this stage with Perl.

I think following your thoughts at the end of your post (in looking for
alternatives) is a better way to go once we understand what Charles is
wanting to accomplish.

---
Regards,
Dana M. Epp